Preventative Care Tips to Maintain A Healthy Smile
Although an extensive range of advanced dental practices is available to treat all kinds of dental ailments, at Mountain Stream Dental, we prioritize prevention above everything else. We believe that preventative dental care is the best method to reduce dental problems and ensure that the patient has a healthy and stunning oral cavity for years to come.
Benefits of Preventive Dental Care
- Preventive dental care helps reduce the risk of dental issues like tooth decay, cavities, gum disease, and other dental issues.
- Preventative dental care at the dental office and proper oral hygiene habits at home are vital to maintaining the health of the teeth and mouth.
- By helping to prevent the onset of a majority of dental diseases or identifying them in the initial stages, it is possible to avoid expensive dental treatments in the future.
Best Preventative Care Tips from Mountain Stream Dental
- Brush Your Teeth:The first and most important practice to follow to ensure the health and aesthetics of one's teeth is by brushing the teeth at least twice every day using a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss Daily: Flossing at least once every day or after every meal is recommended to take out the food debris and bacteria from between teeth and below the gum line. This prevents the buildup of plaque and tartar that might cause periodontal diseases if not removed on time.
- Remain Hydrated: Dry mouth and gums can increase the risk of gum disease and tooth decay. Besides, a good amount of saliva in the mouth is a defense that helps protect your teeth by washing away food particles. To prevent the occurrence of dry mouth and to improve overall health, proper hydration is the key.
- Be Watchful of What You Bite:Though enamel is strong, it can't withstand every bite pressure. Watch what you bite so that the teeth do not chip or crack.
- Regular Professional Cleanings: Besides all the at-home oral hygiene practices, be regular on your biannual teeth cleanings and examinations. When a patient visits Mountain Stream Dental, our dentist will use advanced procedures and equipment to give their teeth a meticulous cleaning. They will also conduct a thorough analysis of the patient's mouth visually and by taking dental x-rays to detect any dental issues during their initial stages and recommend suitable treatment before it develops into severe conditions.
At Mountain Stream Dental, Dr. Gerald L. Torgeson and the team give importance to preventive dental care and address the dental concerns of all patients. Call us at (541) 345-5363 to schedule a consultation.